Monday, April 11, 2016

Korean music & etc

I'd like to share some songs because they're superbbbbbb. As you can see, the current music trend is leaning towards a fusion of jazz, R&B, synth etc with noticeable groove/hook/beat drops. I excluded pure hiphop/rap tracks for now because the music video/lyrics are sometimes vulgar BUT beyond the vulgarity, still, there are meaningful lyrics. I recommend DOK2, ZICO, AOMG (Jay Park, Simon Dominic, LOCO, Gray), Dynamic Duo/Gaeko and Gary for them lit tracks.

Back to the main topic. I tried to look for music videos with translations so we can appreciate the music better. If I have to describe popular korean music right now, I would say 1. coffee shop or 2. club. You'll agree with me on this. Or not. Bye.

 
  
*Gondry has two versions and I've included both. I do love Hyukoh's version as it feels rich (?) but on certain days, I prefer the alternative upbeat version by Primary. Since my preferences depend on my mood, I really appreciate both ~
      

In terms of always-catchy-and-addictive songs, I have to give it to JYP. If you ask others though, I'm pretty sure many will say YG but I guess it all comes down to preferences. Also, Teen Top's songs are always addictive as well but they're quite underrated.

Bonus: FT ISLAND. FTI is a real band and their top korean songs are mostly about pain and love. To be honest though, FTI prefers rock themes but since the genre's not really accepted by the company (because netizens prefer pop), they are more active in Japan. It's pretty complicated but sokay hope you enjoy Hongki's out-of-this-world vocals. Been a fan since they debuted in 2007!

   

By the way, saje tak nak include but favourite girl groupssssss:
1. MAMAMOO - You're the best
2. MAMAMOO - 1cm /Taller than you
3. F(X) - 4 Walls
4. TWICE - Ooh Ahh

As for albums, I love all the tracks from:
1. MAMAMOO - Melting 
2. DEAN - 130 mood TRBL
3. Lee Hi - Seoulite
4. WINNER - Exit
5. iKON - Welcome back
6. GOT7 - Flight log: departure
7. Crush - Crush on you
8. Primary & The Messengers LP
9. Brothersu - Paper (Brothersu's songs are so coffee shop material. I listen to this album for cute, laidback feels)

#SUPPORTLOKAL
Also, I listen to songs by Hujan and Sonaone almost everyday but my favs have to be:
- Hujan: Aku yang asing, Angin kencang, Pagi yang gelap
- Sonaone: No more, growing up sucks, Evo, Apa Khabar (feat. Joe Flizzow)

 

Baaaaaasically, my taste in music is universal and I listen to a spectrum of genres ranging from vocal jazz to swing to ballad to rap to metal (dulu la). I also layan Jpop, German, French songs. But if you need me to summarise, I always go for Disney, Boyz II Men, Troye Sivan, Hujan, Amir Jahari, Zion T, Crush, Dean and Frank Sinatra. That's all for now.

No comments:

Post a Comment